Thursday, July 10, 2014

REVIEW: Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream


The Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA++ is one of my all time FAVORITE BB Creams. I first used it in 2010 (and liked it a lot!) but moved on to try other BB Creams and foundations. I rediscovered this product last month after being really unsatisfied with the American and European brand BB Creams, and deciding to go on a Missha haul. And stars, what a huge difference in quality!


Short Intro: (from Missha)
The M Perfect Cover BB Cream is Missha’s most popular product with over 30 million sold worldwide. Combining cosmetics with skin care, this product promotes natural-looking coverage while providing sun protection, treating dark spots, and preventing wrinkles. 

The M Perfect Cover BB Cream is suitable for all skin types and can be used as a makeup base or foundation.


This BB Cream comes in 5 shades: #13 Milky Beige, #21 Light Beige, #23 Natural Beige, #27 Honey Beige, and #31 Golden Beige. I am slightly darker than the #23 so I usually purchase the #23 in 50ml ($22) and the #27 in 20ml ($11) and mix them together.

The images below are swatches of #23.





The first thing you probably notice is that yes, this BB Cream has a "neutral" or grey undertone. I know not a lot of people like this, but let me assure you that the grey-ness actually goes away a few minutes after application! If it still looks a bit too grey, mix it with a darker shade. I usually mix it with the #27 of the M Perfect Cover BB Cream, but right now I am mixing it with the #27 in the Signature Complexion Coordinating BB Cream. The second thing you will notice is the fragrance which is light floral smell. 

A lot of people said that they like applying this BB Cream with their fingers. I personally think that the layer tends to be too thick and heavy ("cakey"). It also doesn't seem to blend it in right.... its a bit streaky but maybe thats because my skin texture is not the best. For me, I find that this BB Cream goes not he nicest when applied with a sponge. Yes, you do lose product to the sponge but for a nicer, thinner, more even coverage, I think it is worth it. In fact, I think all fluid coverage makeup applies best with a sponge! Just look at how people are raving about the BB Cushion and its flawless finish! And what is it? It is basically a sponge soaked in BB Cream!

Although the description for the product says that the M Perfect Cover BB Cream can be use as a makeup base, I think ideally it should just be used as a foundation. It can serve as a makeup base for powder, but as a primer for a foundation is just too much. This is a full-coverage BB Cream and is very build-able! 

The finish, like most BB Creams, is dewey. I am personally a fan of the dewey finish. It makes the skin look moisturized, glowy, and more natural. Matte finishes tends to sometimes give a I'm-wearing-makeup look. Also, fluid makeup that has a dewey finish are more moisturizing so you can therefore count on your skin looking less like a cracked dessert ground. Want to hear a story? When you are flying on an airplane your skin becomes dehydrated because there is a lack of water particles in the air-- the air that is released from the vents in the plane is cool and dry. On an 8 hr flight, I wore the Revlon ColorStay Foundation in Sand Beige. Underneath this, I had on the SmashBox Photo Finish primer. On top of the foundation I wore the Urban Decay De-Slick setting spray. Sounds like a pretty solid combo, right? No joke, after 5 hours, I started seeing cracks! On the flight back I just wore the M Perfect Cover BB Cream in #23 mixed with the Signature Complexion Coordinating BB Cream in #27 and guess what? There were no cracks! The makeup did slip a little in the areas that I rubbed my nose or rub my face against something, but I think that is something easier to fix that cracked makeup. Its harder to cover dry spots than oily spots!

Now that we know that the makeup hold up in cold, dry weather, how does it fair in sunny humid weather? I have been in California for almost two weeks now and I have been out in the sun and working out a sweat and I have not seen any issues with the makeup slipping other than the times I intentionally rubbed my face. The BB Cream actually does a wonderful job controlling my shine. I have combination skin with an oily T-Zone so when I wear foundation I have to blot my face from time to time. With this BB Cream I hardly need to do that, which is great!

On the downside, when you brush or lean your face against something with you are wearing this BB Cream, the BB Cream does transfer. Meaning if you take a tissue paper and brush it gently against your face or press it against your face, you do see the makeup transfer onto the tissue. So if you have a friend or something that is wearing a white shirt, try to avoid having your face come in contact with it unless you set it with a setting spray or powder!

Overall this is still one of the best BB Creams I have tried thus far. It works well for the winter and summer and for dry or oily skin. I will definitely repurchase. 


Pros: Great coverage, oil control, and staying power, high SPF, moisturizing
Cons: product transfers when rubbed, the 50ml pump tube packaging makes it difficult to dispense all the product

Overall Rating: 4.8/5



-Cakdel

0 comments:

Post a Comment