Thursday, August 28, 2014

REVIEW: GEO HC-246 Grang Grang Choco



Its been FOREVERRR since I last made a review on circle lenses!! As some of you may know, I used to sell GEO and EOS lenses and accessories on my web-store named Cakdel's Giftbox. Since I had access and the opportunity to try so many lenses (the entire GEO and EOS line at that time!), I made tons of video and written review on them. But when I closed my web-store four years ago, plus being bombarded with work, that opportunity kinda diminished. But don't get me wrong, I have still been buying (from other sites) and wearing them! Today I am proud to announce my frist review in four, FOUR, years! I am reviewing GEO's HC-246 Grang Grang Choco!


Basic Information:
The Grang Grang Series was released in 2012 by GEO Medical aka GEOLICA (rebranded). It comes in two shades: Brown and Choco, and each shade comes in two sizes: 14.2mm and 15.0mm. These lenses, like many of GEO's other lenses, are one year disposable and have a base curve of 8.6mm (14.2mm) or 8.7mm (15.0mm). The power range if these lenses goes from PLANO to -6.00 in -.25 steps and -6.00 to -8.00 in -.50 steps.





Review:
I'm in the phase where I am transitioning into a business casual environment. Most of the contact lenses I own are either green, blue, or grey so its about time for me to get something more natural and subtle. Choco is the darker and more natural of the two shades and obviously 14.2mm is the more natural of the two sizes.


Design Naturalness: 5/5; Design Dolly: 3.5/5
The Grang Grang series features a two-tone brown radial pattern design lined with a dark outer rim. The radial pattern gives the eyes more dimension and the darker outer rim creates a slight enlarging effect while still looking natural. In addition, the design of the lenses gives off a reflective look.

For the purpose I am purchasing these lenses (naturalness), I would rank the design (for naturalness) to be 5/5. However, I know that some, if not most, of you purchase lenses for how DOLLY it looks on the eyes. These lenses do not create the "dolly" look like the Angel Series (which is quite unnatural looking). You can even tell by the image above that this series is more... mature looking. Its not really your "cutsie" sort of circle lenses.


a. without contacts inside

b. with contacts inside

c. with contacts outside


Color: 4/5
The two colors that make up Grang Grang Choco are very natural shades of dark and medium brown. My natural eye color is slightly lighter than the dark-brown tone and slightly darker than the medium brown tone. This is good since it allows the lenses to nicely blend into my eyes and at the same time highlight (lighter tone) and define (darker tone) them. The reason I am only giving color a 4/5 is because it is a bit too dark for me. Unless I am out in the sun, the lenses looks pretty solid. If the two tones of brown are just a taaaad bit lighter, or even if just the lighter brown shade is tad  bit lighter, I think I would like it better.


Comfort: 5/5
I can pretty much wear these lenses for 8hrs+ without any irritation.


Enlargement: 5/5
Honestly, these are 14.2mm lenses, and they look pretty dayum big on my eyes. I swear I am wearing the 14.2mm lenses in the reference pictures above. But holy cow they look bigger than the official Grang Grang reference picture for the 15.0mm lenses (posted underneath Basic Information). Not meaning to brag but my iris without contacts actually looks bigger than the reference eye picture for the 15.0mm lenses... Like whaat? Maybe my eyes are smaller than average?


Overal rating: 4.5/5



Hope that helps!

- Cakdel

0 comments:

Post a Comment