Tuesday, August 12, 2014

REVIEW: L'Oreal Voluminous False Lashes Mascara in Blackest Black


Fiber mascaras are awesome in that they are like temporary lash extensions. I am a fan of L'Oreal products so when I came across this baby, I had to try it out. 

The promise:
Voluminous False Fiber Lashes™ Mascara with a sculpting fiber formula that adheres to lashes for a volumized, sculpted lash effect. Lashes appear fuller, longer, sculpted and curled at every angle. Clump-free. Flake-free. Smudge-free. Frangance-free. Ophthalmologist-tested and allergy-tested. Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.

The Review:
One of the most important feature of a mascara is the brush. The brush is maybe more important than the formula itself. It decides how the formula is going to apply to your lashes and if it is going to clump into "spider legs" or not. In fact, most mascaras have similar ingredients. It's similar in a way to if you buy aspirin from a big name company or a generic brand. Essentially they do the same thing and pretty much have the same ingredients. The thing that sets one mascara apart from another is, most of the time, the brush (and of course, the packaging). 

The brush on L'Oreal Voluminous False Lashes masrcara is very thin and is tapered (tip is smaller than the bottom) and slightly angled. The smallness of the brush makes it great for precision application and the slight bent in the brush makes it easier to apply product to the outer and inner lashes at the same time. I find the bristles on the brush nicely clustered to pick up enough product and fibers and have it combed through my lashes for a nice thorough application. 

From my experience using this mascara, I confirm that the formula is volumizing, lengthening, and long lasting. My only complaint about this formula is that it dries too fast and therefore does not handle more than one coat very well. By the time I finish one coat my lashes will start to become hard. Sometimes if I work fast enough, I can apply two layers-- but if I don't, the mascara will start clumping. 



Above is the results after applying one layer. 
Please excused my eyebrows-- they haven't seen a tweezer in weeks :p


Although I like how the fibers attaches to my natural lashes, making them look fuller and longer, I don't think this mascara, or any mascara can really duplicate the effects of false lashes. But that is okay, for everyday wear, I'm not into the too-much-makeup look.

Overall, I really like this mascara. It is smudge proof (literally stays put all day!), relatively inexpensive, volumizing,  lengthening, and the formula is very gentle. One the down side, it dries a few seconds too fast for me, clumps, and makes my lashes a bit prickly. 


Overall Rating: 4/5


*note: I have also tried the Voluminous False Lashes Mascara in Black Lacquer but did not like it at all (it smudges). The formula for Blackest Black is definitely more superior!




- Cakdel


0 comments:

Post a Comment