Friday, August 1, 2014

REVIEW: Missha Signature Complexion Coordinating BB Cream SPF43/PA++ in #2 and Honey Beige



As of June 2013, The Signature Complex Coordinating BB Cream, which I will shorten to CC BB Cream,  is Missha's newest skin care + makeup product. 


As advertised: (Source: MisshaUS)
Complexion Coordinating BB Cream SPF43/PA+++ gives you a clean, even more natural look! No.2 Flawless Complexion is a flaw correcting beige cream for clear and smooth skin.
CC BB Cream features the Inner and Outer Complexion Coordinating Systems to provide skin care benefits for smooth, flawless skin.

Inner Complexion Coordinating System:
1. Brightening - Giga White, Pomegranate Extract, Arbutin
2. Firming - Peptide, Adenosine
3. Moisturizing - Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water
4. Soothing - Phytoncide, Cactus Extract

Outer Complexion Coordinating System:
1. Improve skin tone – Tripled Layered Color Capsules
2. Correct flaws – Skin Wrapping Powder
3. Even skin texture – Light Scattering Powder


The product is advertised to color correct as well as provide full coverage. To be honest, the only difference I can tell between a CC and a BB Cream is the coverage... where CC creams are usually sheer and CC creams are usually full. BB Creams since its inception have always promised color corrective properties. Therefore CC Creams in my opinion is just another marketing tactic to make the general public spend. A little history-- BB Cream was introduced in the asian makeup industry in 1985. Since then, the asian cosmetic market has been saturated with different kinds of BB Creams. It is not till 2010 did the first CC Cream make an appearance and started becoming popular in western markets. After all the phrase "color correcting" is very attractive.  



The Review:

Today I am reviewing the 50ml Missha Signature CC BB Cream #2 (comparable to M Perfect Cover #21 Light Beige - #23 Natural Beige) and 20ml Honey Beige (comparable to M Perfect Cover #27 Honey Beige - 31 Golden Beige). 




50ml Packaging:


The 50ml package is very unique, pretty and luxurious looking. To dispense the makeup twist the nude part of the container clockwise. The product gets pushed upwards. For me, about one 'click' dispenses just enough product for me to apply a light layer to my entire face. 

Personally, I think the 50ml packaging is awful. The twist top doesn't give me full control on how much product to allot and I find it very messy and not very sanitary to use. After the top is twisted, the product gets dispensed into the circular well and you have to somehow, using a sponge or your finger, try to cleanly remove the product from the well and apply it to your face. Worse yet, when you press down on the well to remove the dispensed product, more product gets pushed up! This also happens when you are putting the cap back on, talk about waste of product! When I apply BB Cream or Foundation, I like dispensing it onto the back of my cleanse hands and using a sponge, apply it to my face. I don't like the idea of dipping a sponge into the product while it is still on the packaging and onto my face and back into the dispensed product on the packaging. If I did this like 100 times, without a doubt there will be bacteria on the container. I'm just a little bit OCD when it comes to skin care and facial makeup and therefore, the way product is designed to dispense is not cutting it for me. My last complaint about the 50ml packaging is that it is impossible to tell how much product is remaining unless you keep track of the weight. 


20ml Packaging:


The 20ml packaging for the CC BB Cream is simple and effective. It has a narrow nozzle tip that gives you full control on how my product to allot and the size of squeeze tube makes it perfect to travel with. 


The Product:

\

To the left is the CC BB Cream in #2 (the one that I purchased in 50ml) and it transitions from a light beige to a natural beige, which is comparable to M Perfect Cover #21 Light Beige - #23 Natural Beige, to fit your skin tone. To the right is the CC BB Cream in Honey Beige (the one that I purchased in 20ml) and it transitions from a honey beige to a golden beige, which is comparable to M Perfect Cover #27 Honey Beige - #31 Golden Beige, to fit your skin tone. 

As you can see from the swatches below, I am darker than the No. 2 and lighter than the No. 3. When I mix 75% No. 2 to 25% No. 3, I get the shade that best matches my summer skin tone. If you can get your hands on #3 (it is rarely in instock), I would strongly recommend purchasing it! Not only can you use it to customize your shade, it doubles up as an awesome bronzer! 


Here are some swatches:

    



Guess what??? NO GREY UNDERTONES! *ahem* I never liked waiting for those two or so minutes for my M Perfect Cover to oxidize out of its grey-ness. If any of you had issues with the grey undertone of some BB Creams, do give the Signature Complexion Coordination BB Cream a try. It has the nicest light beige color I have seen in Asian BB Creams thus far! Not to mention its texture is oh so lovely!

The texture of Missha's Signature CC BB Cream is pretty light and moisturizing. Its somewhere between a lotion and a cream. I'll say the texture is very comparable to the Diorskin Nude BB Creme. It blends like a dream, feels very moisturizing, and has a medium coverage that is build-able. The finish, I would say, is semi-matte/light dewey, which gives it a very natural look. The fragrance of the product is very similar to its sister BB Cream, the M Perfect Cover.

As far as longevity goes, it lasts roughly an hour shorter than the M Perfect and can withstand both humid and dry weather. If you haven't read my review on the M Perfect Cover, you can read it here.  I have worn the CC BB cream up to 7 hours (8am - 3pm) without it slipping. This was in dry weather with the temperature at the highest being 89ºF and lowest being 61ºF. On the downside, the product does transfer pretty easily, if you do not set it. If you take a napkin and pat it against your face, you will see the color transfer onto the napkin. 

If you have oily skin, this product works pretty well in controlling the oil production on your face. I have an oily T-Zone and usually have to blot my face when wearing regular foundation. When I am wearing this CC BB Cream, I need to blot a lot less! In the past month of wearing this CC BB Cream everyday, I have only blot my face five times! But again, please note that I am in a dry, warm area.

If you have dry patchy skin, this product may work for you. Sometimes when I apply medication on my acne, it dries out my skin. For me, the CC BB Cream does not accentuate any dry patches. However, if I have peeling skin that I do not remove, after a few hours of wearing the CC BB Cream, I start seeing the outlines of the peeling skin layer. If you are someone with looking for something more moisturizing, I would recommend mixing the CC BB Cream with the M Perfect Cover or carrying a facial spray with you and spritz your face to rehydrate every 3 or so hours. This usually fixes it for me. 

Because this CC BB Cream is relatively lightweight, it works wonderful as a primer/base. For a nice full coverage look, I like topping this BB Cream with a light liquid foundation. Majority of the time, I wear the CC BB Cream alone on top of my usual skincare routine-- moisturizer and sometimes sunscreen. 

Overall, I like this product and its CC and BB cream components. It is great substitute to thicker BB Creams during the summer and its great for the natural "no-makeup" makeup look. 


Summary:
Pros: Oil control, natural looking, blend-able, SPF, lightweight, 
Cons: 50ml packaging is bulky and not efficient, product transfers easily, the darker shade is rarely available

Overall Rating: 4/5



- Cakdel

0 comments:

Post a Comment